How to Automatically Generate Data Slices

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

SSMike@gmail.com

How to Automatically Generate Data Slices

Postby SSMike@gmail.com » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 am

Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to have specific contour slices activated upon data being read in? I have a lot of data from different runs which is all in the same format. I'm thinking of saving a layout file but am not sure how to do this without it being data specific.

For example, if I have Data Set A with slices of v at 0, 0.05, and 0.1 in the x-plane, can I save this layout (keeping all legends, contour levels, etc.) in a way that allows me to read in Data set B (with identical variable names) and not have to redraw the slices? I'm going to be doing a lot of these runs with similar data set so I'm looking for a quick way to do this instead of loading in each data set individually, then activating and adjusting each slice every time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Svetlana
Expert

Re: How to Automatically Generate Data Slices

Postby Svetlana » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm

There are several things you could do.

You could save a linked layout and choose to 'File > Load Data Set > Add to current data set' to load different data sets into the single Tecplot window. (These data will be added as new zones visible in Data > Data set info, you can also rename them there).

You could save a layout and open it in a few Tecplot windows, and choose to 'File > Load Data Set > Replace Data and Retain Plot style' to load different data sets into these windows.

You could also record a macro (Scripting -> Record macro) and run it each time you open a data set (manually Scripting -> Play macro), but that's a bit more clicks.

Return to “Loading Data”