Loading output files from Petrasim(TOUGHREACT) in TECPLOT

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

alis1

Loading output files from Petrasim(TOUGHREACT) in TECPLOT

Postby alis1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:01 pm

I am trying to load output files generated from PETRASIM(TOUGHREACT) in TECPLOT 2014 version, but it is only reading the headings and not the variables (as a result its not plotting my results). I know that other people can load the same files in TECPLOT 2012 version and it works but i don't have the older version.

My files are in .out and .txt format. i also notice that in the new version there are two types of .txt loaders but i am not sure what it means.

I would be grateful if somebody can help me in this regard.

Scott Rumage
Tecplot Employee

Re: Loading output files from Petrasim(TOUGHREACT) in TECPLO

Postby Scott Rumage » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:08 pm

If Tecplot 360 2012 reads the data file, then Tecplot 360 EX 2014 should read it in as well. Perhaps the data are in a Tecplot ASCII format (which is suggested by the header information), so try this in 360 EX:

File>>Load Data Files in the menu that opens select “Files of type:” as Tecplot Data Loader (*.plt *.dat), and in the “File name:” type out *.out (or *.txt or *.*). Next browse to the location of the files. Tecplot should now “see” the files. Click on the file that you want to load, and click on “Open”.

The data should load, and you may be good to go.

Scott R.

alis1

Re: Loading output files from Petrasim(TOUGHREACT) in TECPLO

Postby alis1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi Scott,
Thanks a bunch for your reply. The problem was due to the file extension, the output file should be in .dat format.

Return to “Loading Data”