Loading data from different solver outputs

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

Ole

Loading data from different solver outputs

Postby Ole » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:40 am

Hi everyone,

I just started working with Tecplot 360 since nearly each CFD solver environment has the possibility to write native Tecplot-data-files, or if not, Tecplot can read their native format instead.

I would like to compare CFD solution data from different solvers. Concerning my particular problem, there will always be just one zone in each data set of exactly the same type and exactly the same number of points and elements (for the solvers do not change the geometry information).

However, appending a new data set to an initial data set does not work. I would have expected that there would either a new zone or new variables in the initial zone. But since the different data sets contain a different number of variables (and the physical quantities are also named differently), Tecplot seems to run into troubles.

The brute force trial would be to ask the solvers the write some ASCII-data that I should manipulate then. But I am wondering if there is some nice function or a simple workaround for this problem within Tecplot?

Thank you very much for any help in advance :)
Ole

Return to “Loading Data”