Number of streamtraces per rake

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

rretarek

Number of streamtraces per rake

Postby rretarek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi,

I am trying to create streamtraces so as to visualize blood flow. I specify the start and end position for 20 rakes, each with 10 streamtraces. On extraction, I find that tecplot has created only 195 and not 200 streamtraces for the domain. Has someone experienced this problem?

Thank you.
rohini

aritzmann
Jedi Master

Re: Number of streamtraces per rake

Postby aritzmann » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 am

Hi,

Is it possible that one of your rakes attempts to seed streamtraces outside of the fluid domain? This might explain what you are seeing, although I don't know whether you are seeding these streamtraces interactively or through a macro.

On the whole, this sounds like an issue which should be sent to Tecplot support (support at tecplot dot com). It is best if you can send along a layout/macro and data file which easily illustrate the problem. They will be able to help determine if this is actually a bug or if there is a reasonable explanation for this behavior.

Best,

Andrew
Andrew Ritzmann

rretarek

Postby rretarek » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

I ensured that the seeding is done inside the fluid domain and moreover its like when I specify the rake to make 10 streamtraces, it creates 6 of them and the missing streamtraces are in the inner side and not towards the boundary.

Yes, I have sent an email to tecplot support staff about it.

Thanks,
Rohini
rohini

mconnelly

Postby mconnelly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Have you tried

1) Not using a rake and just tried starting the streamtraces at the approximate location that a rake would start them.

2) probing your velocity field at the location the rake would start a streamtrace to make sure your velocities are not 0 or close to 0

3) Also check your step size if it is too small under the streamtrace integration.

Mike

rretarek

Postby rretarek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi,

I spoke to the tecplot support staff and gathered that the reason behind my reduced streamtrace number is that my z values are going out of range.

Although it all happened through a macro, the fact that I am seeding these rakes at a boundary face is causing this problem.

Thank you for all your suggestions!
rohini

Return to “Analyzer”