particle streamline with time steps between zones

Moderators: davetaflin, salter, steve, jprenaud, straton, Chris Idso

raghumohan

particle streamline with time steps between zones

Postby raghumohan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 pm

what is the difference between "Integration Time Step" in Particle Paths and Streaklines dialog and the "Constant Delta" in Edit Time Strands dialog?
I read the webinar "Calculating Particle Paths and Streaklines" in the Tecplot site
and got confused between both. Actually I am trying to get particle path where I have 26 zones and time between each zone [time step] is .027 sec. So, I have only the 'time between the zones'. I am not understanding which one among the above both it belongs and what the other time is.
Thanks,
Raghu

Chris Idso
Jedi Master

Re: particle streamline with time steps between zones

Postby Chris Idso » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

Hello Raghu,

Here is some information that may help clear up the difference between the two.

The Constant Delta in the Edit Time Strands dialog set the Solution Time parameter for each zone in your animation. It is the time index for each zone.

The "integration time step" in the Calculate Particle Paths/Streaklines dialog is the increment used by the iterative algorithm Tecplot employs to calculate the particle paths or streaklines.
Chris

Christopher Idso

Tech Support Lead
Tecplot, Inc

Chris Idso
Jedi Master

Re: particle streamline with time steps between zones

Postby Chris Idso » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

Hello Raghu,

Here is some information that may help clear up the difference between the two.

The Constant Delta in the Edit Time Strands dialog set the Solution Time parameter for each zone in your animation. It is the time index for each zone.

The "integration time step" in the Calculate Particle Paths/Streaklines dialog is the increment used by the iterative algorithm Tecplot employs to calculate the particle paths or streaklines.
Chris

Christopher Idso

Tech Support Lead

Tecplot, Inc

Return to “Animation”