VIP simulator - 3 problems

Tecplot RS lets you visualize the data and understand the dynamics of oil reservoirs. Sophisticated modeling applications are used to simulate the flow of fluids in oil reservoirs, generating massive amounts of data.

Moderators: davetaflin, steve, straton, Chris Idso, DWRoberts

hbn_sim

VIP simulator - 3 problems

Postby hbn_sim » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm using VIP simulator with Tecplot RS add-on. I have had the following problems, and wondering if anyone has same, or can help resolve:

1) Tecplot crashes while extracting cell data by cell and/or by well?

2) Cant visualize simulated PLT data - (oil/water/gas rate vs. depth) AND my observed/measured data on the same plot.

3) Can't perform differencing on 3-D grids - in r.map ascii format (want to compare KX, POR, NTG, etc) from two different geo models. Believe this is a known bug.

Regards,
Jason A Lewis

DWRoberts
Tecplot Employee

Re: VIP simulator - 3 problems

Postby DWRoberts » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:52 am

1. The new 'bug fix' release, which can be downloaded by going to http://www.tecplot.com/products/rs/index.aspx and entering the SMS Gateway, fixes the problem that was responsible for occasionally causing a crash while extracting cell data. Since this release fixed numerous other bugs, we encourage all users to upgrade to it.

2. Tecplot RS has the functionality to compare observed PLT data with simulator data from Eclipse in the same plot. We are currently adding a similar capability for VIP output, which requires the development of a new data loader.

3. Tecplot RS has the functionality to create the difference between two VIP .map files as long as they are both based on the same grid and the files are binary format. We made the decision to limit this functionality to binary files since they are substantially smaller than the corresponding ASCII files.
Don Roberts
Tecplot, Inc.

Return to “Tecplot RS”